Happy Chinese New Year! This is literally one of my favorite holidays. I like to throw down a nice little meal every year. Despite my penchant for food and cooking, I’m no good without recipes, so here’s what I’m planning to make.
- Pre-marinated stir fry beef from H Mart.
- Store bought frozen dumplings of some kind. (They bring luck in the new year!)
- These Spicy Chinese Potatoes. (Mostly because I have leftover potatoes and I’m not sure what to do with them, so this sounds like a delicious option!)
- One of my fave brussels sprouts recipes. My husband and I both love these!
- Tyler Florence’s Mushrooms Sautéed with Garlic, Ginger and Soy. I haven’t tried these before but they sound superb.
- Oranges (also lucky in the new year), and of course, Fortune Cookies, because fortunes…and cookies!
Most of the ingredients for this stuff could be found at the regular grocery store, but I am planning to head to H Mart 1) because it’s more fun, and 2) to see what other goodies they might have to add to my little celebration. Maybe some nice, red table décor? Or a mooncake I shouldn’t eat but probably will anyway?
Do you celebrate this holiday? If not, you should. If so, what/where are you eating?
*Cover image by Matt VerrillTags: Chinese food, Chinese New Year, H Mart, Steamy Kitchen, Tyler Florence